Click anywhere to dismiss
The all newWeb safe and
spectrums and color palettes
This is the fourth version of the web colour palette generator. It is simply a tool which generates (randomly) colour palettes. The palettes are generated based and hue, saturation and light calculations.
Basically for any given colour you (might) get:
- base palette which includes the colour itself, the closest websafe colour and the closest lazy colour (i.e., #rgb mode)
- an opacity / saturation palette which is basically adding black (opacity) or white (saturation) to a colour.
- a complete (240 colours) spectrum of the colour (ie all hues at the given saturation and light), it is now possible to increase the number of colours (up to 999) in the spectrum by changing the number to the end of the url
- five complementary colours (i.e., hue +0.25, +0.33, +0.50, +0.66, +0.75)
- (lost from previous version, may/may not come back)an opacity / saturation palettes for all five complementary colours.
- (lost from previous version, but coming soon) 216 classic web safe palette
In around 2002, I launched version 1, page sizes were about 256kB and was in C# and HTML. The previous version was written
New in this version 4 is complete mobile friendly redesign. It is an C# MVC web app. The page weight is around 14kB, and it's now hosted in Azure.